Types of Braces
Traditional metal braces are still the most popular way to get the straight and beautiful smile that you want. Today’s dental braces have been improved and are smaller and less invasive than ever. Metal braces are now more comfortable and less noticeable than ever before and will get you the great results that you are looking for.
How Traditional Braces Work
- Brackets will be attached to the front of each of your teeth with a bonding material.
- The archwire will be connected to the brackets with elastic bands and will run through all of your brackets. This wire is made of a thin metal and is the component will move your teeth into their proper positions.
- When the archwire puts pressure on your teeth, whether it is up and down or side to side, your teeth will loosen slightly and move.
- Your teeth will then readjust to their new and improved positions. Your bone tissue will grow back in and your teeth will stay in place. Essentially, your orthodontist is remodeling your bone structure to make it more beautiful than ever before.
- You will come in for adjustments every few weeks so that you can see your perfect smile as quickly as possible.
Benefits Of Wearing Traditional Dental Braces
- Most cost effective way to straighten teeth
- Colored bands allow you to create a style all your own
- Can correct crooked and crowded teeth
- Can fix a misaligned bite and other jaw problems
- Can eliminate issues associated with eating and speaking
- Create a sparkling straight smile that you can be proud to share
Other Types of Braces
Clear & Ceramic Braces
We offer some of the clearest brackets on the market! These brackets are very aesthetically pleasing for patients who want a clear alternative to metal braces. They are made of ceramic and are hardly noticeable! Many patients that are not candidates for Invisalign® choose clear braces.
Invisalign® uses a series of clear, removable aligners to straighten teeth. Patients wear each set of aligners for about 1-2 weeks, and take them out to eat and brush. Your teeth will slowly move as you progress to the next aligner in the series. Patients that are candidates for Invisalign® love the fact that it is removable and completely invisible!
When you’re at Showtime Smiles, you’re under the care of the best orthodontic team in the McKinney area. Our board certified orthodontist, Dr. Bar, has a certification granted by the American Board of Orthodontics. The distinction comes with years of extra residency, additional education and more hands-on patient care. When you choose a board certified orthodontist, you know that you are choosing someone that the dental industry deems the top of the class!
Hours are subject to change without notice.
Please call the office before coming in